What if that “fire in your belly” goes out in your business? What if you lose your passion and you find it hard to keep going?
Here’s some suggestions to help you get that fire back!
1) Assess if you are really following your passions in your business. Does your business authentically reflect your values, your vision for your life, your skills and talents? Or are you in it just for the money? Remember WHY you are in business in the first place.
2) Get around other business owners. Attend a networking group. Become a member of a mastermind. Form an accountability relationship with another business owner. Meetup.com is a great resource for finding like-minded business owners who can help motivate and inspire you.
3) Hire a business or life coach. Find a mentor. Sometimes we can achieve more with one-on-one guidance than we ever could by “just going it alone.”
4) Take an online course or get some continuing education in your local community. Staying fresh in your skills is important and will keep you “in the game.”
5) Re-think your marketing. In your marketing, are you doing what you love to do or is your marketing plan a chore that you dread? Choose a select few methods that you absolutely look forward to working on and master those. Do what excites you, whether it’s blogging, video marketing, podcasts, etc.
6) Outsource. Are there tasks that are bogging you down and preventing you from moving forward? Work on your strengths and hire out your weaknesses. In other words, outsource those tasks that you are not good at and concentrate on those areas in which you shine. For instance, if you hate designing Websites, find a qualified professional and use that time to work at what excites you.
7) Stretch yourself. Is there something that frightens you? Do it! Are you afraid of getting up in front of a group and speaking? Try it! You might find you really love it! Are you afraid of making videos? Just give it a shot. You might find it’s just what you needed to feel that “edge” again. Are you afraid of being interviewed on the radio? Put aside the fear and do it anyway. It just might be that you are a natural!
8) Remember it’s all about relationships. People do business with people they like, know, and trust. Never forget that your business is all about building relationships and making an impact, not just “selling stuff.”
“Fire in the belly” does not automatically stay in the belly! It’s something you need to work on daily. And when you do, your brand will sizzle and your future will dazzle.